Monday 7 May 2012

Victoria's Vintage Sweet Co.






I have a friend called Iona (above) and her mother owned, at the time, the sweet shop Victoria's Vintage Sweet Co.  I always thought that it was fantastically done and wanted to shoot in it. Victoria, Iona's mother and the owner, had wanted some photographs taken in it as documentation etc.  Of course at the time I took a DSLR (my Canon 5dMKii) for test shots, but I wanted to go with the more challenging approach of shooting the final of the set on the 10x8" large format camera with colour transparency film. Besides the camera being an obviously more challenging format to work with, the space was the biggest challenge, with the way that the shop was probably about 1.5M by 3M and no lens was wide enough to get more of the shop in (I had the camera positioned in the door way).  All was made successful with my confidence in using large format cameras and controlled lighting (two Elinchrom light heads with soft boxes).  Victoria was very happy with the result, as was I.

No comments:

Post a Comment