Monday 7 May 2012

Simon Roberts did not get back to me.


After sitting a very helpful lecture on Simon Roberts, amongst others, I was incredibly inspired by his way of working. I learnt about how he shot his 'Motherland' project all on medium format colour film, which I liked because I shoot everything on film now. I also learnt of how for this project he went through an enjoyably large execution process in which he narrowed down hundreds of frames and contact sheets to find contentment in a stronger selective amount. So through liking the way he worked and also enjoying the actual results of his work, I thought I'd email him to see whether he'd be able to give me five/ten minutes of his time for a short interview so I could learn more about the above.
Unfortunately he didn't get back to me the first time, which is of course understandable with him being successfully busy. I'll have to see about emailing him again, without wanting to hassle him.

No comments:

Post a Comment