Sunday 13 May 2012

Cargo Collective - www.cargocollective.com/oliveraj





Above is some screen shots of my Cargo Collective page.
Cargo Collective is a collective of artists which are either invited to use space with CC or have applied to be a member and have been accepted.
I applied and was accepted thus enjoy the privilege of using Cargo Collective's minimalistic design free space. I feel it's a very professional way of presenting one's work and personally can not fault the layout and design for the sort of work I make. This is the link I give to people I'd like to impress and to people of importance, regarding commission work or interest of fellow artists.
And better still, for a small sum, one can pay to have their own domain name with the layout of Cargo Collectives. So when I pay for my domain, people will be able to find my Cargo page under the link of something like;  www.oliver-aj.co.uk  (A lot more personal and professional)

Despite this being a fantastic way of presenting work, my friend who works with web design is looking into building my site from scratch (I'll be paying him an hourly rate for coding/designing).
He's already been working on the design/templates but unfortunately this has not been digitalised yet.
We're looking at going for a gallery sort of theme, where people will be able to scroll side ways and my work will be presented like that of the wall of an art gallery. All with minimalistic, neutral, clinical colours and shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment