Tuesday 5 June 2012


My aims and objectives for Work Based Learning were all along the same lines. It was about further developing my experience of working with people and to spend enough time learning about some prestigious competitions, to then be able to choose some to enter, as this is important to me. By doing this working with people/clients, I’ve had more experience not only in the organising and actual involvement of picture making, but also in the direction of working with and to a client’s desires, thus also learning more about how the professional world of photography as a job works; time management, working to briefs, invoice writing and working out estimated material costs as well as profits, working together again with the client to make sure they’re happy with the outcome, whether that be meeting up with them so they can choose their favourite or meeting up to re-shoot if the client is not happy with the outcome the first time (I haven’t yet had to re-shoot).
It’s been a fantastic eye-opener working with clients, such as the Skin Deep hair salon for example, in the way that I’ve experienced all of the above and it’s given me a great understanding into the professional world of photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment