Sunday 13 May 2012

Career direction for the next several years.


So it's fairly strange but I've taken quite a change in direction lately.
Of course I'll be finishing the degree and then enduring the BA Honours year due to such big plans for that year, but after this, I plan to be doing something quite different for several years after.
My father's been a man of the military all of his life and I've been looking into the Royal Marines.
Although I studied and then completed key skills in Mathematics and English at the highest level during the National Diploma, the problem here is that they were two subjects I didn't get a C or above in for GCSE.  If I were to go into the Royal Marines to train as a general Commando, I wouldn't have to worry about grades of any sort, however after studying for four years and achieving somewhat very high levels of Academic as well as artistic results, I feel that I should and could do better than something so easy to get into. So I will be re-sitting Mathematics and English at GCSE level to better my grades and to go in to train as an Officer. This requires five A-C's which after sitting the two above subjects, I will have.  This, as well as the physical training which I am capable of, requires 180 Ucas points (which due to my 27/27 distinctions in the BTEC ND, is nothing on the near 600 I have) - Also with the degree, this puts me straight onto a near 30K salary, but more importantly has me doing something I've longed to do at some point my whole life and will not feel content until I have done. The training is two years.

I have received various packages on thorough information concerning the job rolls, life style, training, etc.
I have been to my first meeting and am aware of what it takes to get through the fairly nerve-raking and somewhat lengthy recruitment process.

No comments:

Post a Comment