Sunday 13 May 2012

Material research

I've done a small amount of research into materials for future projects, such as that of the BA.
I'm looking to photograph my whole BA Honours on either 5x4" or 10x8" Kodak Portra negative film.
'Silver Print' is a good supplier of photographic film.

They stock 5x4" of Portra 160 iso however no 10x8".
They stock both 5x4" and 10x8" of Portra 400 iso (which will in all honesty be my preferred choice due to 400iso giving me more flexibility in lighting conditions - thus also allowing me to shoot at a faster shutter speed).
Everything above stated aside, this is all only relevant if by some miracle, I am not able to get this for trade price anyway, through working for Kodak (which has proved no problem in the past for 120mm and 5x4" film.



I used to go through 7dayshop.com for my film however they have now stopped stocking such a range and they especially do not stock 5x4" or 10x8".

No comments:

Post a Comment