Thursday 17 November 2011

Matt Wisniewski






Matt Wisniewski is an artist from Brooklyn, Newyork. He sometimes shoots his own photographs, but most of the time creates collage pieces out of other photographers’ work.  He combines a portrait with a landscape of some sort, editing and cutting out the desired shapes to fit in and layer over parts of the subjects’ form that he sees fit. In my opinion, they’re perfectly executed and ever so tastefully done, pulling off quite a fine-art aesthetic, even if they’re edited and not produced, strictly, at camera stage.


Strangely enough, I didn’t come up with my concept for 202 after seeing Matt’s work. I already had my concept, however this has given me a source to strengthen my body of work, by producing evident diversity into the research of techniques possible to achieve my aim.

No comments:

Post a Comment